Thursday, December 30, 2010

Great day!! I made pickles, marinated tofu, and did laundry.

B"H today was a great day. I had a bit of a nap this morning before my doctor's appointment. At my appointment I got everything straightened out, lab slips and prescriptions for my stimulated thyroglobulin testing next week. Picking up the injections at the pharmacy was a bit funny. The pharmacist couldn't find the medication even though the computer said it was there so she unlocked the pharmacist door and let me in the back to look through the fridge (and find the medication B"H) myself. That was a funny first.

I now have several thousands of dollars, in the form of two shots, in my refrigerator. The stuff is so precious that they gave me a nice reusable icepack to bring it home with so it was stay cool.

This afternoon I spent with my kids and then I went for my massage and reflexology. We had a bit of trouble with the table, but she did a great job and took good care of me none the less. On the way home I picked up some tofu and dill.

I have been searching for dill for weeks! All of the stores I have been to have been sold out, so dill was an exciting find. Since I had the dill I needed to make pickles. Somehow the cucumbers were not patiently waiting for me though. What was left was okay, though not great, but most of them were eaten. After preparing two jars worth of dill and peeled and sliced garlic I discovered I had half a jar worth of cucumbers left.

I had a good laugh at myself for not checking first and filled the rest of the jar with carrots to pickle. The second jar is waiting for my husband. Hopefully he will bring me home some more cucumbers.

I managed to slice and marinate some tofu and have it baking in the toaster oven now. I have some huge tofu fans in my house and am planning on sending baked tofu and pasta with vegetables and some soup for my son's lunch tomorrow.

In between it all I managed to throw in some laundry. I am down to one load waiting to be washed.

I feel amazing. I am tired, I am sore, but I got out of the house twice today and got plenty done in the house as well. I love love love days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map