I had trouble sleeping at night, so it was odd that I woke up bright and early ready to face the day, but wonderful as well.
I started my morning with some one on one time with my son. I got him dressed and prettied up and ready for his van. He was done with a good 15 minutes to spare and my husband was able to daven (pray) at his leisure with that task off of his head.
By the time my son was on his way to school my oldest was up. She wanted to do "something" so once she was dressed she started on finding the broken crayons and I instructed her on turning on the oven and getting together the things she needed to melt them into crayon cupcakes.
It B"H went really well and we have one cleaned out drawer and six crayon cupcakes which are great for multi colored leaf rubbings amongst other fun.
By 9am all of my girls were up and I let them know that if they were dressed and davened (prayed) by 10am I would take them out for an excursion. That got things going quickly and everyone smiling.
By 11am I was showered and ready to go. They were waiting eagerly, with smiles on their faces. We had a fun trip. First we went to the paper goods store and bought new crayons, markers, oil pastels, tape, glue, notebooks, etc. They were each given a budget and a bit of direction but they got to make their own choices and it ended up being a fun lesson in math, budgeting, priorities and for me an insight into how their brains worked.
One got little fun things, one only two big things, and one refused to spend it all preferring to ask Grandma instead if she could save a good chunk of it toward the digital camera she has had her heart set on for months.
After that we went next door to the post office to try to track down my missing package. I was prepared for a big ordeal for naught. We walked in and there was no line. Standing by the clerk I could see the shelves of boxes in the back room and one, right in the middle, had my name written on it in 3" tall letters.
That certainly made finding my "missing" box pretty simple!! It was the box with my son's winter clothing, which I had been anxiously awaiting. Generally boxes take 1-2 weeks to get here, but this one left the US close to a month ago. I was beginning to wonder if it would get here.
We have also been wondering when winter would get here... so now we are prepared. The weather forecast for tomorrow says we might have some rain showers and a high of "only" 60 so the box arrived right on time.
We walked a couple stores down from the post office and got ice creams for everyone before we called a cab to go home.
By then I was flying high, happy I was able to get out and have such a fun excursion with my kids. As I put up a pot of pasta for lunch, I expressed my desire to make potato latkes with them in the evening. I had high hopes of the day continuing as it had started.
By the time my husband returned home at 4pm I more prepared to cry in exhaustion and pain in bed than peel and grate potatoes or stand by the stove frying latkes. One of the kids asked me when I was making them and I just didn't know what to say.
Then I looked on the counter and saw that food had been delivered today. It was a big tray of pasta with sauce and a second tray of home made, ready to heat and serve, potato latkes.
I don't think that a meal has ever been sent that reduced me to actual tears of gratitude before. Grateful I am always, but this was just 100% perfect.
nothing like a fulfilled emotionally happy time with kids and outing all rolled into one and everything falling into place in revealed HaShem every day miracles!
ReplyDelete