Thursday, December 16, 2010

My brain is gone, totally gone.

I slept through my 7:30am alarm. My husband got the kids out just fine, early even, but I was supposed to call the lady who was supposed to come and clean and make sure she got up and it didn't happen, so she didn't come.

She said she wasn't feeling well and needed to go to the doctor anyway, but I was supposed to have called her.

Then at 4pm I realized I had missed my 2:30pm physical therapy appointment.

My alarm went off at 2pm to remind me and I couldn't even remember what it was supposed to be reminding me to do.

I got a phone call at 3pm telling me there was a cancellation with my son's gastroenterologist and asking if I could come at 5:30pm. We happily took it, and after his appointment we did a bit of grocery shopping. I got out, despite missing my PT appointment. The kids had fun, but my son was a bit hyped up from the allergy medication he is on and it was an interesting and exhausting experience.

We got home at a little before 7pm, but I was so wiped out that I looked at the clock expecting to be running late for bedtime already. It was a huge surprise to see that we were right on time!

It has been an exhausting week, but surprisingly my numbness isn't terrible. I am tired, I am sore, but my low calcium signs are absent. That is really amazing!! I am very very thankful for this reprieve.

If only I could find my brain I could push through the exhaustion and do what I need to a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map