Friday, December 24, 2010

I hope to never do that again

I fell asleep last night without taking my medication for the first time in the 21 months since my surgery. I took no calcium, no alpha D3, no prophalactic antibiotics, nothing at all.

I couldn't get out of bed this morning and I didn't realize why until I dragged myself out of bed so my husband could leave for work. Until I suddenly realized I assumed it was because busy day yesterday.

Eventually I took my medication, but I am a mess. I am numb, tingly and having muscle cramps like I don't remember having for a long time. I hope I can recover from this quickly. What a mess!!

Despite it all, it was my daughter's 10th birthday tonight and we needed to celebrate. I gave her the clothing and gum I bought her yesterday evening and she loved and appreciated it all B"H. We also had a special supper, which I have no idea how I pulled off. I threw ingredients for bread dough in the bread machine and rolled hotdogs and ketchup up in the dough, egged the outsides and baked them. Along with some french fries, supper was a real hit.

We had a good day, even though I couldn't stand anyone touching me and moving, standing, sitting are all torture. I still managed to be mommy and get done what I thought was important. The kids knew I wasn't feeling well because I couldn't let them lean or sit on me, but they certainly didn't suffer from it.

This isn't an experiment I would have done on purpose but it is good to know that, while miserable and probably not terribly safe, missing my medication didn't kill me. Thank God for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map