Monday, December 27, 2010

Next up oncologist and parent teacher conferences in one day!

I can't say I am looking forward to either, not that I am expecting anything bad, but it is going to be a long day. The closer I get to the RAI, the less I want to do it. I wonder what the oncologist would say if I told her I wasn't willing.

Another round of RAI would increase my risk of other cancers, mess up my blood counts and make me feel awful for months, mean no more babies for at least another year (no, I am not sure I should have more kids with my other health issues, but I am not getting younger and it stinks that radiation has a say in this), cause swollen and painful salivary glands and a dry mouth for a year or so after the treatment, mean a week away from my family and I don't have anywhere to go after the hospital before I am allowed home the time, and just royally stink. The topper is, it may not even touch the cancer in my neck. It has a bad track record in general and already failed me once.

Parent teacher conferences will be much more pleasant I am sure. I am in touch with the teacher often enough that I don't know what the point is in shelpping to Yerushalayim to talk again. I will go because it is the right thing to do, but I am in a mood right now, and the idea of a second trip to Yerushalayim in one day, for my son's parent teacher conferences 11 hours after my oncologist appointment, isn't make me less grumpy.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't do RAI a second time because my body rejected it. I was happy with that! Should I pray that for you as well? :) I had a friend who researched it and felt it wasn't an absolute cure, so she didn't risk it as she also wanted more kids.

    Stay strong, friend! You're being thought about and supported in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mindy! I appreciate the thoughts, prayers and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map