Sunday, December 19, 2010

Insomnia...

I am so so tired, but when I got to sleep I either wake up in pain or with heartburn and find I can't fall back to sleep.

Last night I fell asleep before the kids, thank God for my husband! I was asleep from 7pm until midnight, with a brief waking when my husband put my son in my bed at around 9pm. At midnight I had to have my husband move my son (he wasn't getting his night feeding in my bed) and then I was up until 3am with heartburn.

Right now I am too tired to get the things done I need to do to go to sleep. My son's lunch needs packing and I have to get my daughter's papers together for her tests in the morning. I have to find something to eat so I can take my night time medication before I go to bed.

It is ridiculously late and I am so frustrated with myself. My sleep cycles are a mess. I have to get them back on track. I think if I was getting more sleep, and sleeping through the night my energy level and my memory would both be improved.

I feel like I am pushing through a physical and mental fog all of the time.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had advice for you, but alas I do not.
    Just know I am thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you taking your thyroid hormone and your calcium supplements? I did some reading and found the best time suggested and for me is to take the hormone early in the morning, a few hours before food, then take calcium with noon and evening meals. Praying you'll find the source of insomia and find a way to overcome it. I have struggled with that off and on for years, too. Gets much better when hormone has been taking regularly and am healed from surgery. Praying for you fondly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindy I take my thyroid meds first thing in the am, and my calcium later in the day. I am thinking I need more sunshine. The days are so short and I keep on napping in the mornings because I am having trouble sleeping at night. It is a terrible cycle. Thank you for the prayers!

    Mikimi thank you.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map