My oncologist agrees that the radiation failed me last time and jumping into it, since it is protocol, may well be pointless. Since we may well need it again in the future (it works better on spread outside of the neck) it may be better to "save" the treatment for later, but protocol is to do the treatment if tumors are found. Not doing it isn't so simple either. Stray cells it may well take care of in the neck, so if that is all we are down to and there are no other tumors we may have a case for using the RAI again and just zapping what is left and not doing the treatment could well leave the cancerous cells to grown and multiply freely and become tumors.
I just don't know. I want it all gone, but I don't want to go through necessary or useless high dose radiation.
We shall see if next week brings more questions or more clarity.
May HaShem, give the doctors clarity of mind to give the right and best treatment for you.
ReplyDelete