Monday, December 20, 2010

No pickles, but I did make lunch!

We had tuna noodle casserole for lunch. It is a lunch my girls love and I made it all by myself.

I also had a doctors appointment and got lab orders and prescriptions that I need and took my son and me for passport pictures. His pictures are much cuter than mine, but that is to be expected.

I don't think I look too swollen but my last passport pictures, from 7 years ago, are still what I would prefer.

My husband took my girls to Jerusalem to fix their Israeli passport applications, which our local office messed up, which means I didn't have my little helpers to keep my son safe and entertained. My youngest daughter is usually his playmate and without her here I found myself working hard just to keep him from leaving the house (I failed once, but B"H got him back easily while he was just outside the front door and after that I locked the door) and safe. He was not cut out to be an only child!

I wonder if oldest children are more used to entertaining themselves, so they do a better job at it, or G-d just sends the ones capable of playing on their own first?

So far we have 6 of the passports we need and four more on their way. We only have two left to apply for. We are definitely making progress.

I must must must be feeling better before we go though. If not I will be staying where ever we are and sending the kids and husband off to have fun, and that just doesn't sound like fun for me. I am the only driver, so it would be more fun for all if I was up for driving.

All in all, we have six months until I need to be in tip top shape, or at least feeling more useful than a lump of play dough at the end of the day. Play dough is fun, and it has its uses, but feeling human would be much appreciated.


2 comments:

  1. I know you constantly think about all the things you can't or didn't get done, but I am still pretty impressed with the list of things you do each day! Keep slow but sure, it is better to PACE than PUSH.

    You are always useful, even if you are just sitting in a chair - you love your husband and children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. u and i need to talk as i am now in a somewhat similar situation as u in passports etc.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map