I really mangled my ankle well. The orthopedist, yesterday, ordered xrays but they were clear so he thinks I tore my tibiofibular ligament. I am now in an ace bandage and aircast and he ordered me off my foot for three days and to keep it aircasted for three weeks and then come back for a recheck.
I am in a large amount of pain and, despite the doctor's orders, staying off of my foot isn't possible. Not only do I have children B"H, among them I have a son with special needs whose feeding pump alarms the most when I want the most desperately for it to be quiet. Last night I got the kids to sleep (upstairs) and prayed that I would be able to sit with my foot up and rest for a bit in my recliner (downstairs). Within half an hour my son's feeding pump was alarming that there was no food (and of course there was plenty of formula in there, but if I didn't reset it he wouldn't get fed). I got it going, rested a bit and went back downstairs to have it alarm again half an hour later.
At that point I gave up and decided I was stuck upstairs, where there was no computer or air conditioning, for the rest of the night. I made the best of it, resting and reading in bed until my husband got home from work, but not being very mobile is frustrating.
On good ankle news, the arnica cream really seems to be helping the bruising. I can tell which spots I missed last night because they are much more colorful.
Today I am planning on a quiet day at home. When I got up this morning I was going to put on a cozy robe and stay home. Then I decided that if I did that I would end up seeing people or having to leave the house and I don't want to. I compromised on comfortable clothing that is presentable and that I could leave the house in only to realize, after I was dressed and downstairs, that the robe would have made the arrival of the air conditioning repair people much more likely.
If they don't fix my ac today I may well have to stay in a robe tomorrow.
I have things I need to do and just can't. The house is slowly falling apart from all of the little things that only a mommy thinks to do. I also need to make challah for Shabbos and had gotten as far as making dough for tortillas earlier in the week, that never got made into tortillas.
Very very frustrating. I am tired of not being well.
man, i wish i were able to help you out. just know you are always on my mind.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate the thought!!
ReplyDeleteThank you.