B"H my son is getting over his pneumonia more easily than he generally does. My washing machine is fixed. My laundry room is thoroughly cleaned. My sukkah is down and the yard cleaned up, all of the dolls and toys are in, anticipating rain. I really hope it comes soon!
Shabbos we had a wonderful and easy going guest. With my children, that means they were more willing to help with the setting and clearing up since there was an audience. It was wonderful, relaxing and very pleasant.
This coming week I am getting together with friends Sunday night IY"H in Har Nof. It seems like a good start to me! Monday I am probably meeting with my surgeon (unless his surgery schedule doesn't allow) at the hospital to get paperwork started to schedule and get insurance approval for surgery. Tuesday my mother in law arrives in the country, though we won't be seeing her until later in the week, it will be nice to know she is near by.
I have to get winter clothing for my son. My girls are set, but B"H the size two clothing from last winter just won't fit this one. He is four, so this is a good thing. He has one pair of long pants, besides his suit pants, that fit. Since we have a working washing machine, we can wash them nightly if we need to for a bit, but I see some shopping in my future!
I am hoping our chessed girls (high school girls volunteer to help at different homes throughout the community) decide to come back this week. My husband is working evenings again all week and that means I am on for homework, baths, supper, bedtime, medications, and tube feedings every night on my own. As much as I enjoy spending time with my kids and love singing them to sleep, being the only parent home every night all week can leave me more than spent. Combine that with trips to the hospital and medical stress I really need some help.
Hopefully the help He sends is in human form and not caffeine and IV calcium.
wishing HaShem has only good and easy planned for you this week and forever.
ReplyDeletePneumonia sucks. Hope he recovers quickly!
ReplyDelete(my son is on 'pneumonia watch' so any tips would be appreciated!
Mikimi, amen!
ReplyDeleteSolsticemom what we do is, chest PT, humidifier with eucalyptusg EO, monitor oxygen levels, give supplemental oxygen as needed and antibiotics once it has gone from maybe pneumonia to pneumonia. I hope your son is better soon!!
Thanks, Liba. Do you use a warm or cool mist humidifier? Do you use a stethoscope? I have a cheap one but think I should really have a better one.
ReplyDeletesolsticemom we use a cool mist humidifier. We own two stethoscopes dating back to NG tube placement checking but don't generally use them. I can tell when he has pneumonia without listening.
ReplyDeleteFor a while they had us listening for wheezing before doing chest PT, but now we just do nebulizer treatments and then chest PT.
Liba - I should have quite a few winter stuff from SN in that size - - would that do?
ReplyDelete(Since I can't help with the "bigger" stuff :(( )
Love ya,
Deema