Even better, 8:10am everyone was gone and I got a nap.
I spoke with someone at the US consulate and have an appointment to bring in my medical records tomorrow. I am feeling a lot better about that situation. I probably should give them more, but what I have will God willing be just fine.
My mother in law visited today. I really appreciate that she made the time for us. She brought coloring books for the kids and enjoyed watching them color and do homework. We ate together and B"H it was a nice afternoon. She got her shortly before my son got home (he gets home a couple hours after the girls) and stayed until I had to leave for parent teacher conferences at my son's school.
My son's parent teacher conference was B"H very nice as well. I met his teachers, his aide, and had a long talk with his principal. He isn't 100% on the same level as the other kids in the class academically but with only seven boys in the class they are happily modifying this curriculum for him. The principal is confidant that they will have an appropriate class for my son next year as well, which is a huge load off my shoulders.
He is in a school where they love him and bring out the best in him. This year he is in a class with all boys and all of them ambulatory and speaking. It has been a unique challenge for the school, but as they say a healthy one! Healthy problems are problems we celebrate.
On top of my trip to the consulate, tomorrow morning I need to call my surgeon. IY"H I will be getting results on my CT scan at some point tomorrow. I am obviously a bit nervous about what they will say, but I know who is in charge of the world and it isn't me or my surgeon. What ever will be is for the best.
Life can be complex and complicated at times and often it can be difficult to remember that HaShem is the One in charge for good and for bad. Everything in life is a test and challenge but our attitude can make a world of difference in how we cope.
ReplyDeleteYour attitude is why we think you and RivkA are so AMAZING.