Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I did it all.

I took a nice long nap this morning, stayed home to greet the first of my daughters when they arrived home (one had an after school beading group this afternoon), and then took a bus to the Beit Natan Women's health expose. I felt the need to show my support and I wanted to see my friends. I also had a little bit of worry that it would be empty and they might need a warm body.

B"H it was not empty. It was packed. There were thousands of women there. For a bit I helped give out bags with coupons and a magazines to the ladies who had paid to come in, since my friend manning the table was swamped. It was wonderful to see so many of my ladies and to be able to help out a bit.

I purchased a couple things that I needed from the vendors, caught up with friends, entered the raffle and went to the laughter workshop. It was exhausting but good.

After I got home I got a phone call from one of my friends, who stayed until the end, that she thinks I won the raffle I had really wanted. It was a silver and wood challah board, challah knife and challah serving tray. I hope she heard right, it was really really noisy there and I didn't get a call from Beit Natan telling me I won... We shall see!! It would be so much fun to have won.

After an hour of sitting and trying to gather my strength I went with my mother in law to my neighbor's house. She was hosting a party for her birthday and the yertzeit (anniversary of death) of the Rebbe Rashab - the fifth Rebbe (grand rabbi) of Lubavitch.

I was a bit too tired to participate fully, but she served some really yummy soup and I was able to socialize a bit. It was a long long day.

Now I am sitting here, trying to gather energy to pack my son's food for tomorrow and prepare his clothing. My head hurts and my body aches, but B"H it was a great and very busy day. It is okay to be wiped out after a day like that!

2 comments:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map