Friday, October 22, 2010

No results

I did call my surgeon. He didn't have my CT results yet. He is hoping to have them in time to present on Tuesday.

Mean while I am stuck here with a cd of CT pictures that look to my like tons of nodes. I know I shouldn't have looked, but I thought they might be cool (and figured they might be indecipherable) like my MRI pictures.

Today we got a new to us second hand couch. :) It was delivered this evening while my husband was at work, but the delivery people couldn't make it fit in the house. LOL The couch we were replacing was supposed to go to my BIL, who doesn't need it or have a place for it which is complicating things as well.

Our old couch is a nice love seat that needs a home desperately. It is very comfortable and perfectly presentable. After almost fourteen years of marriage we thought it was time to have a couch that seated more than two people or we would have stuck with it ourselves.

My throat is sore. I finished my antibiotics this morning and after only "missing" one dose this afternoon my throat hurts. I don't think we cleared the strep, but I wonder if we can even do a new throat culture with me on prophylactic antibiotics?

My house is so close to being in order I can almost feel it. The problem is some days I can organize and clean and do and other days I can't. Both on the days that I can and the days I can't I B"H have small children doing, and their doing isn't helping my house.

I cleaned the kitchen. They messed the kitchen. I cleaned the bathroom they messed the bathroom. I cleaned their room with them, who can tell?

Unless I send them away there is no way I will have the house in the order I want it for my surgery. In the olden days I would have pulled an all nighter and cleaned the house the night before the surgery, top to bottom, and baked and cooked while I was at it. Last surgery I went in joking that it was a good thing that I had surgery, I needed some sleep!

This time I just have to relax and lower my expectations. The house is fine. It is comfortable. You can tell children live here. There is some clutter but it isn't dirty. No one will starve while I am gone. I will show my daughter how to use the bread machine. They will buy bread for those who don't like bread machine bread. There will be no rolls and bagels, but there haven't been for a long time and everyone is just fine!

We do need to get another bookshelf though. I just have to make up my mind which one.

I also have to finish with the social security papers. I had a friend who works for social security who was going to look at what I had and tell me if I need to get more letters in English or more of my Hebrew documents translated, but she isn't well now and is scheduled for brain surgery Monday. I am on my own with this now.

Tomorrow night my MIL is supposed to be coming and eating the Shabbos meal here. It will be nice to see her. The children are really looking forward to it.

2 comments:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map