I went Monday and it was a disaster at the consulate. They called me and asked me to bring in documents, then they didn't take all of my medical documents. I didn't have the strength to argue with them that they needed them all nor to go back once I realized what a disaster it was that they didn't take them.
I finally found an international Social Security number (after months of tries) that seems to have someone who listens to the messages and returns calls. Occasionally a real person answers!! I have been leaving message on a different number with no return calls and no one ever answering for months now. They answered the phone today and returned my call from yesterday! Five minutes after I got off with one Social Security worker I got a phone call from an even more helpful Social Security person!
The person who called me back was able to transfer me to my claim rep who gave me his fax and phone numbers. He told me that it wasn't my job to gather records, the Consulate was supposed to have gathered them on their own and that even though I gave them my documents on Monday, they still hadn't been faxed to him.
I faxed him all of the records and within half an hour he called to tell me he got them. He also said that there was enough documentation without even translating any of the Hebrew documents and he is passing it onto the doctors. He thought he would have the approval back from the doctors in three days and he would be in touch. It seems unlikely, and I am not holding my breath, but I am cautiously optimistic that we will have an answer before my surgery.
My surgery is in four weeks and I have to pay almost $4k of it out of pocket up front, so it would be fantastic if I got approved before then. I can't believe I am even letting myself dream about that. I will most likely have to borrow it from family (thank God they are there for me) but at least I have hope that approval may be on the horizon.
My surgery is in four weeks and I have to pay almost $4k of it out of pocket up front, so it would be fantastic if I got approved before then. I can't believe I am even letting myself dream about that. I will most likely have to borrow it from family (thank God they are there for me) but at least I have hope that approval may be on the horizon.
Tomorrow I am IY"H going to Kever Rochel with my mother in law. I have a lot of people in need of healing to pray for and I may sneak in a prayer for my financial situation as well. It certainly can't hurt.
Revealed miracles do happen!
ReplyDelete