Monday, October 18, 2010

I told

I have a hard time telling my mother bad news. Today I finally told her about the positive biopsy and my upcoming surgery. It wasn't a pleasant conversation and as much as I would like to feel relieved it is over, my mother is more upset than I was which negates any of the possible relief I could have felt.

Besides that B"H I had a pleasant and productive day. I had a nap in the morning but still managed to get the kitchen cleaned up and re-organized and went through the medicine cabinet. I threw away lots of expired medications and put everything else into order. Decluttering always feels good!

Right now I have challah rising. My husband sifted flour for me this morning. I am hoping to get him to sift some more flour tonight, once he gets home from work. I really want to fill the freezer for after surgery. I know I won't be up for baking for quite a while after and preparing on my good days is the only way I will be ready.

Right now I have six challahs and 10 challah rolls rising. If I manage this every week until my surgery I will have enough for at least a month prepared and waiting.

I think I am going to order a bookshelf for all of our overflow. There is no way I can have the house in order the way I want it when we are lacking book shelf space like this. I have beeb putting it off, thinking I would find a nice second hand one to buy, but at this point I will settle for a not so cheap put it together yourself one just to have things in order.

There are many things I can't do but what I can do I am determined to accomplish.

1 comment:


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map