Thursday, October 7, 2010

Just what I ordered.

Today was a quiet day, which is exactly what I needed after an overwhelming week.

I left the house and did my blood tests this morning and went right back home. I would have preferred not to leave the house at all, but at least it was a quick and easy trip.

My son was B"H feeling well enough to sit in his stroller and go grocery shopping with my husband after I got home this morning. That gave me some peace and quiet, got my stir crazy child out of the house and got my pantry restocked. Wonderful all around! B"H

My husband called some places about repairing our washing machine. The first asked for the make, model and how long we have had it and declared it unfixable. He offered to sell us a new machine and deliver it today. That was odd and a bit frustrating. We, of course, refused to purchase a machine from him without trying to fix ours. It is the first time it has broken, no one looked at it and if I am buying a new washing machine I am researching and buying the best possible washing machine for my money!

The second person we called was an electrician we have used happily in the past. We didn't realize he fixed washing machines until my husband called based on an advertisement and realized it was the same person. We were so happy to be able to work with him again. He came in the afternoon and fixed my machine in 15 minutes. Not only was the machine fixable, but it was easily fixable.

It is a front loading washing machine. The drum is supported by two heavy duty springs. Where the springs are connected to the drum it is plastic and obviously breaks often because right next to the broken connector is a brand new, never used, second plastic connecting spot.

The spring got moved to the intact connect, the repair man put everything back together and I started a load of sick child laundry! I am so glad I wasn't even tempted to trust the first "repair" person we called!!

So now B"H I have a working washing machine again!!

Besides that there was no major news today, which considering how all of the rest of the news was this week is great news. We do IY"H have a teenage boy, who is here for yeshiva (post high school studies) staying with us for Shabbos. He is the brother of the wife of a good friend of ours and we are looking forward to meeting him.

I hope my son is well enough that we don't need to keep him on his oxygen saturation monitor all Shabbos since our guest will be in my son's room and my son in our room. The beeping is a bit much when it is in our room and not out in the hallway between our son's room and our room.

I am glad that today was quiet and calm. It is nice to have the washing machine working again, on its third load for the day as we speak. I know next week is going to be a hard one again, but IY"H Shabbos will give us our energy back and help us be ready to face any news we are handed, good or bad.

1 comment:

  1. 1st, Chodesh Tov and Gut Shabbos.
    May your upcoming week be uneventful if not celebratory with good results and happiness of family togetherness.

    ReplyDelete


Profile Visitor Map - Click to view visits
Create your own visitor map